Forum Discussions (98)

Featured Discussions

Interagency Visitor Use Management Council

In 2011, the NPS, FS, BLM, and FWS formed an Interagency Visitor Use Management Council (IVUMC) to address assessment, planning and managem…

Started by Rachel Kennon Franchina in General Sustainable Recreation TopicsLatest Reply

FSM 2300 - Read it!

The new Forest Service recreation Directive 2300, the Zero code was released late last year without much celebration. But it’s a very impor…

Started by Francisco Valenzuela in Help DeskLatest Reply

What are YOU doing about declining budgets?

I know we're all facing declining budgets so am interested to hear how you and your units are continuing to get our work done in the face o…

Started by Bjorn Fredrickson in General Sustainable Recreation TopicsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Find a Recreation Job!

Posting Recreation Jobs here! A real-time list of all recreation-related job postings on USAJobs. Note to posters: please delete your posti…

Started by Francisco Valenzuela in Library

11 Sep 28
Reply by Christa M. Osborn

Content Suggestions for a Recreational Resource Management Class

I am new to this site and thus am not sure if this is the best place to post questions. However, I will be teaching a Recreational Resource…

Started by Pualani Helmbrecht in General Sustainable Recreation Topics

2 Jun 13
Reply by Francisco Valenzuela

BLM wilderness character reports

Anyone know how to get the BLM wilderness character reports.  No luck at Carhart, Leopold, BLM - DC.

Started by Griff Griffin in Models

0 Jun 28, 2016

Examples of mountain bike trail signs

I'm trying to find an effective and inexpensive means of signing mountain bike trails that will incorporate both trail name, directional in…

Started by Jana Johnson in Tools

0 Jan 12, 2015

Open Internship Positions

I made this discussion in hope that a great number of individuals see this and reply or contact me or others about coming internship positi…

Started by Trevor Warning in Uncategorized Groups

1 Jan 8, 2015
Reply by Jon Thompson

RecLink Help Desk

Do you have a question about using RecLink? Then ask the RecLink Help Desk (currently a  cadre of administrators) right here on this Forum,…

Started by John Able in Help Desk

39 Sep 25, 2014
Reply by Jesse English

Fixed/permanenet anchors for rock climbing?

I am looking for guidance on allowing or prohibiting fixed anchors in rock climbing areas.  Researching the subject, I have founde example…

Started by Kent Foster in Models

6 May 27, 2014
Reply by Justin Preisendorfer

National Technology and Development Center FY2015 Project Proposals

Hi, Its that time of year again.  Do you have ideas that could help other Forest Service employees solve problems on the ground?  Do you ha…

Started by Robert Wetherell in Tools

0 Jan 28, 2014

Recommendations for Interpretive Plans / Interpretation Consultants?

I'm looking for recommendations for consultants to do an interpretive master plan for a botanic garden--an 86-acre garden dedicated solely…

Started by April Garbat in Uncategorized Groups

1 Dec 26, 2013
Reply by Erin McClelland

Status of 2330 FSM and FSH updates

A few words from Chris Hartman in the WO regarding the status of the 2330 FSM and FSH updates. FSM 2330 - Publicly Managed Recreation Oppor…

Started by Rachel Kennon Franchina in Recreation Law & Policy

0 Nov 15, 2013

RSS

© 2017   Created by Matt Arnn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service